COVID-19 Re-opening Plan
(Updated July 14, 2020)
The staff at Golden Connections have been monitoring the COVID-19 pandemic very closely. The Pennsylvania State Department of Aging released a statement with some direction for seniors centers on how to safely begin re-opening our facilities. The center will use a three phase re-opening process. A reopening date has not been scheduled at this point in time.
Pandemic numbers will determine the duration of each phase, but the GCCC’s goal is to move through the levels monthly in hopes to be up and running as close to “normal” as possible by late fall.
During Phase 1 , the GCCC will ONLY be open Monday’s, Tuesday’s, and Wednesday’s from 9:00 a.m. – 12:00 p.m. Members will only be permitted to attend the center 1 day per week due to social distancing guidelines. The same programs will repeat over the course of the three days to ensure everyone has the opportunity to participate in activities. Members MUST sign-up in advance using the Copilot Community App or by calling the GCCC to secure a seat in a particular activity. You may only attend the center if you are registered for an activity. If you are not registered for an activity you will not be admitted into the building. Unfortunately, there can be no congregating during Level 1 of the reopening.
The following is a list of regulations and policies to be enforced during the Level 1 Phase of our reopening process…
Member entry procedure:
- The GCCC will request that members sign a liability waiver upon re-opening.
- If members are sick, they should STAY HOME!
- The GCCC will encourage members who have underlying comorbidities to consult with their healthcare provider before attending the center. These conditions may include but may not be limited to chronic lung disease, asthma, heart conditions, diabetes, immunocompromised, smokers, bone marrow or organ transplantation, HIV or AIDS, or medications causing immune weakening.
- Members must be pre-registered for activities before admittance is granted. Non-registered participants will not be permitted entry! Pre-registration will be taken by phone or by using the Co-Pilot Community App. (App instructions will be provided in future newsletters) Due to social distancing guidelines members may only attend programs 1 day per week. They may continue to receive a congregate meal daily through the drive thru meal program.
- Members will enter and exit through one entrance only for check-in/check-out.
- Members are required to have a temperature screen; COVID-19 Senior Center Participant Health Screening prior to admittance. Members testing 100 degrees+ or exhibiting any symptom including fever, cough, runny nose, eye irritation, skin rash; members showing symptoms will not be permitted to enter the center. If any member exhibits any symptoms after entering the center they will be isolated to a designated “sick” room until they may safely exit the center
- The GCCC will request that members always wear a face mask.
- Members are permitted one small purse-sized bag that must be taken home each day. No items are permitted to be left in the center. Any items left will be disposed of.
- No more than 2 members may be in the restrooms at any time. Members will be asked to clean/disinfect their stall after using the restroom. Cleaning items will be available for them to use in the restroom.
- Members may not donate any food/drink items at this time.
- Donation of supplies should be approved PRIOR to bringing them into center. The center staff have the right to refuse donations that have not received prior approval.
- Seating is available on a first-come, first-served basis. Members may not move tables and chairs. They have been spaced according to social distancing standards.
- Members will be asked to clean/disinfect their table/chair/area before leaving.
- Congregate meal service will remain as take-out during this phase.
- Programming may be held inside/outside depending on weather conditions.
- Programs will be limited/revised to meet CDC recommendations.
- Virtual programming may continue. Programs may be recorded/adapted for future use.
- HDM’s will continue to be delivered 1 day per week via frozen 7 pack.
We will continue to monitor this situation and adjustments to this plan will be made as needed.