Blood Pressure Checks
Blood Pressure checks are offered on a monthly basis and at the request of members. Refer to the Monthly Newsletter for the next scheduled dates.
Tax Assistance & Rent Rebates
AARP volunteers are available every Thursday during the months of February through April 15th at the center to help seniors complete their returns free of charge. Appointments are needed. Call (717) 244-7229.
An APPRISE counselor from the York County Area Agency on Aging is available at the senior center once a month to:
- Help you understand Medicare benefits and services
- Help you make informed choices about selecting a supplemental insurance
- Help you understand how Medicaid works
- Help you understand the Medicare Summary Notice
- Help you with the appeal process and assist you with the paperwork
- Help you understand the different programs that are available for prescription drugs
- Help you with the benefits and programs you can use to save money
Members of our staff can help seniors complete various forms if help is needed. Forms include but are not limited to: Li-Heap Assistance, Medical Assistance, Property and Rent Rebate forms, Medicare applications, etc.