Meals on Wheels Program
Home Delivered Meals must be authorized by a York County Area Agency on Aging Care Manager. Once a senior has been approved through the aging office to receive the meals, the senior center will deliver the meals on Monday, Wednesday and Friday. A senior will received a hot and cold meal on Monday and Wednesday and one hot meal on Friday.
Stop Hunger and Isolation here. By giving a donation to the center, you can help. Our deliveries increased by 42% last year but our budget did not.
Consider Volunteering for Meals on Wheels
Our Meals On Wheels Program is looking for volunteers to deliver a nutritious meal, a safety check and smile that serves as a lifeline to homebound and socially isolated seniors.
Your services as a Meals on Wheels delivery driver will help Golden Connections provide homebound seniors with:
- Seven meals per week, each deliciously prepared by a local caterer, delivered Monday, Wednesday and Friday
- Menus prepared by a registered dietitian to ensure balanced meals that meet federal nutritional requirements
- Support for social needs with three weekly volunteer visits
- A valid driver’s license
- A share-worthy smile
- Two hours of volunteer time each month (more hours available if interested)
- Meals must be delivered between the hours of 9 a.m. and 1 p.m.
- Own vehicle (sedan or SUV)
To get started, please contact our Meal Coordinator:
Phone 717.244.7229, ext. 104
Click here to view the: March 2018 Home Delivered Meal Menu
Click here to view the: April 2018 Home Delivered Meal Menu