The GCCC Welcomes Its Newest Sponsor Encompass Health Rehabilitaton Hospital
Encompass Health Rehabilitation Hospital
Why we’re different?
Our approach to physical rehabilitation sets us apart. We firmly believe that every success starts with our dedicated team of professionals, so we make sure they are empowered with all the tools they need to help our patients be successful. Innovative technologies, advanced therapies, customized treatment plans, coordinated care teams – these are all part of our promise to deliver the highest level of rehabilitative care.
Who is appropriate for inpatient rehabilitation?
Inpatient rehabilitation hospitals are designed to provide intensive therapy to medically complex patients who can benefit from 24 hour nursing care and close medical management, while participating in an intensive program of physical, occupational, and if necessary, speech therapy The interdisciplinary approach includes a team of nurses, therapists a rehabilitation physician and case manager.
All inpatient rehabilitation patients must meet the following medical criteria:
- At least two therapy disciplines are required; needs to be able to withstand intensive therapy, generally at least three hours a day, five days a week
- Ability to actively participate and benefit from intensive rehabilitation therapy with a measurable, practical improvement in the patient’s function expected in a reasonable amount of time
- Receives physician supervision by a rehabilitation physician with a minimum of three face-to-face visits per week
- Receives interdisciplinary team approach to care including weekly team meetings
Why Good Posture Matters!
Maintaining good posture can become more challenging as you age. This can be due to tightness and weakness of muscles that stabilize the spine.
Poor posture can also lead to other health concerns including:
-Increased risk of falls
-Decreased ability to properly swallow, chew and breath
-Increased pain and other joint problems throughout the body
Physical therapy can assist by improving posture with stability exercises, stretching and increasing self awareness. Contact Drayer Physical Therapy for more information on how you can improve your posture!
The 2018 Subaru Share the Love Event is Underway!
Exciting news! For the eleventh year running, the Meals on Wheels network is participating in the Subaru Share the Love Event. Over the past ten years, Subaru and its retailers have helped Meals on Wheels to deliver nearly 2 million meals nationwide to seniors in need.
Why does Subaru support Meals on Wheels? Too many seniors are struggling to stay independent and healthy. One in four seniors lives alone in isolation and one in seven seniors might not know from where their next meal is coming. This is simply unacceptable, which is why Golden Connections Community Center, Inc. provides the nutritious meals, friendly visits and safety checks to the seniors of area. This vital support keeps seniors in their own homes, where they want to be.
We’re incredibly grateful to Subaru and its retailers for supporting our organization and the seniors we serve. With that in mind, we thought you might want to learn a little bit more about the Subaru Share the Love Event.
HERE’S HOW IT WORKS
This November 15, 2018, through January 2, 2019, for every new Subaru vehicle purchased or leased, Subaru will donate $250 to the customer’s choice of participating charities.* Meals on Wheels is one of four national participating charities and has been since the inception of the event. Through this event, as a member of Meals on Wheels America, Organization Name will receive a share of the donation from Subaru vehicles sold in Pennsylvania.
You might not be in the market to purchase a new car, but if you are, please look into the Subaru Share the Love Event to learn more. If you’re not shopping for a new vehicle, you can still help by spreading the word to your family and friends. A few quick and easy ways to do that:
- Share this blog post/article!
- Share our posts about Share the Love on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/goldenconnectionscommunitycenter/ You can also do this on Twitter: https://twitter.com/GCCCenter And remember: this holiday season you can ensure our senior neighbors are not forgotten, when you buy or lease a new Subaru and select Meals on Wheels as your charity of choice.
- *Disclaimer: Subaru will donate $250 for every new Subaru vehicle sold or leased from November 15, 2018, through January 2, 2019, to four national charities designated by the purchaser or lessee. Pre-approved Hometown Charities may be selected for donation depending on retailer participation. Certain participating retailers may make an additional donation to the Hometown Charities selected. Purchasers/lessees must make their charity designations by January 31, 2019. The four national charities will receive a guaranteed minimum donation of $250,000 each. See your local Subaru retailer for details or visit subaru.com/share. All donations made by Subaru of America, Inc.
Golden Connections Community Center
(formerly Red Lion Area Senior Center)
20C Gotham Place
Red Lion, PA 17356
Executive Director: Heather Goebeler
Phone: (717) 244-7229
Hours: 8:30 AM – 2:30 PM